In the interval between 1670 and 1691, every official position in Henrico County was occupied by a member of the Randolph, Cock or Farrer family. During most of this period, the clerkship of the county court was filled by either William or Henry Randolph. The court which met on 1 April 1698, included at least three members of the Cocke family. In 1684, Thomas Cocke filled the office of high sheriff, and a few years later, leased the public ferry, at which time he had a seat among the county justices. Sources: Henrico County Minute Book, 1682-1701, pp. 39, 49; Henrico County Records Orders April 1, 1698.